If you’ve ever experienced a leak or in-house water damage, then you know that a battle with mold is serious. Mold can spread pretty quickly, left to its own devices.The repugnant smell can get on your furniture and in your clothes, literally living with you until you take measures to remedy the situation.

 

On your own, you will find it’s difficult to remove mold from water damage. However, with the help of a professional such as the members of our team at A & A Property Restoration, you will find removing mold from water damage a cinch.

The Risks Associated with Living with Mold

The Environmental Protection Agency points out that “failure to remove contaminated materials and to reduce moisture and humidity can present serious long-term health risks. Standing water and wet materials are a breeding ground for microorganisms, such as viruses, bacteria, and mold.” With mold spores beginning growth in as little as 48 hours following a flood or water damage, anyone exposed could develop complications as a result of breathing in contaminated air.

 

Particularly, individuals who have asthma, are older, or who have a compromised immune system are at increased risks when it comes to mold. Researchers at the University of Michigan found “evidence that certain respiratory problems, including symptoms in asthmatics who are sensitive to mold, are associated with exposure to mold and damp conditions.”

How to Get Rid of Mold in Your Home

After discovering you have a problem with mold, it’s important that you act fast to resolve the problem. Since researchers aren’t sure what level of mold growth causes problems, you should treat even the slightest growth of mold as if it may harm your family, and enlist the aid of a professional.

 

Our team at A & A Property Restoration specializes in mold remediation. After assessing your home, our goal isn’t to simply get rid of the musty smell associated with mold, or to remove the mold you see; our goal is to remove all traces of mold that may lurk in your home completely. We start this process by eliminating what enables mold to thrive in your home—water.

 

Once we’ve eliminated mold’s lifeline, we then work to remove all traces of mold in your home. If you have mold on your furniture, in your attic, or on your clothes, we utilize a proprietary technique that kills off all sources of mold. Naturally, by eliminating the mold, your home will become safer, and it will smell better.

 

If you are battling mold, you shouldn’t do it alone. You can get rid of mold once and for all by giving us a call. We are happy to help.