Just because you don’t see a flame, doesn’t mean you are safe following a fire. After emergency services have put out the fire, you’ll find that your home is left with a lot of standing water. Beyond threatening recoverable items in your home, water damage can create a bigger problem for you and your family—mold.

Why Is Mold a Risk Following a Fire

Although you may not always see mold, you can determine whether or not you have mold by a musky smell. After a fire, lingering water and humidity encourage mold to grow in your home. It’s the exposure to mold that can be a threat to your health. In fact, experts don’t know what level of exposure to mold places you at risk; therefore, it’s in your best interest to avoid mold at all costs.

The Dangers of Mold

In truth, mold affects each person differently. One of the biggest ways mold affects your family is by triggering allergic reactions. The following are some conditions resulting from inhaling mold:

  • Chest tightness
  • Sore throat
  • Sinus congestion
  • Asthma
  • Upper respiratory tract infections
  • Skin and eye irritation

With little information about how long you can be exposed to mold, you want to make sure that you employ the services of an experienced mold remediation professional, like our team at A & A Restoration, following a fire. Our experience helps us remove the mold from your home so that your children and other individuals who are susceptible to fungal infections can return to the life they’ve grown accustomed to at your home.

What We Do

At A & A Restoration, the process of getting your home back to normal is a process. There are a series of steps in that process, including removing all the water from you home. During this process, we take our time, checking every nook and cranny to ensure that the water is completely removed from your home.

The extent of this process can vary from home to home, but our goal is to ensure that your family doesn’t have to worry about mold growing in a few months, due to moisture remaining in your home or behind a closet door.

When you are ready, we are here for you. Your first call following a fire should be to our team at A & A Restoration to quicken the process of getting you back in your home.